A film by Gianni Di Gregorio
Year of production : 2008
Running Time: 75 Minutes
Language: Italian with English Subtitles
With: Valeria De Franciscis, Marina Cacciotti, Maria Calì, Grazia Cesarini Sforza, Alfonso Santagata and Gianni Di Gregorio
The charismatic Gianni Di Gregorio (co-writer of the smash hit "Gomorrah), stars in his directorial debut - an utterly charming tale of great food, feisty ladies and unlikely friendships during a very Roman holiday.
Broke, and armed with only a glass of wine and a wry sense of humour, middle-aged Gianni resides with his 93-year-old mother in their ancient apartment. The condo debts are mounting, but if Gianni looks after the building manager's mother during the "Pranzo di Ferragosto" (Italy's biggest summer holiday, and the Feast of the Assumption), all will be forgiven. Then the manager also shows up with an auntie, and then a doctor friend appears with his mother in tow... Can Gianni keep four such lively mamas well fed and happy in these cramped quarters?
- Beautiful high-definition transfer
- Video interview with director/ star Gianni Di Gregorio
- "A Visit with the Cast" Di Gregorio travels Rome to catch up with the actreses
- 5.1 surround and stereo soundtracks
- Booklet featuring recipes of dishes from the film