Directed by Richard Price
Year of production : 2010
Running Time: 84 minutes
“We all get dressed for Bill,” says Vogue editrix Anna Wintour. The “Bill” in question is 80+ New York Times photographer Bill Cunningham. For decades, this Schwinn-riding cultural anthropologist has been obsessively and inventively chronicling fashion trends and high society charity soirées for the New York Times Style section in his columns “On the Street” and “Evening Hours.”
Documenting uptown fixtures, downtown eccentrics and everyone in between, Cunningham’s enormous body of work is more reliable than any catwalk as an expression of time, place and individual flair. In turn, Bill Cunningham New York is a delicate, funny and often poignant portrait of a dedicated artist whose only wealth is his own humanity and unassuming grace.
- Beautiful high-definition transfer, enhanced for widescreen viewing
- 20 minutes of additional scenes
- U.S. theatrical trailer
- 5.1 surround and stereo soundtracks
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Premium digipak packaging with 12-page collectible booklet
AMERICAN CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: We can ship to Canadian addresses only. For USA visit our friends at Zeitgeist Films.